Compulsory Paper-II: Psychological Perspective of Education
Unit 1: Educational Psychology and Human Development
· Educational Psychology: Concept, Methods, Scope and its implication in classroom situation
· Concept of Human Growth & Development.
· Childhood- Its concept & characteristics, Physical, Cognitive, Emotional, Social & Moral Development.
· Adolescence- Its concept & characteristics, Physical, Cognitive Emotional, Social & Moral Development.
Managing individual differences in classroom situations
Unit 2: Learning
· Learning: concept, nature, domains and factors influencing learning.
· Behavioural approaches to learning: Pavlov’s classical conditioning, Skinner’s operant conditioning and Thorndike’s trial and error
· educational implication.
· Cognitive approaches to learning: Gestalt insight theory, Bruner’s discovery learning theory and Gagne’s hierarchy of learning: its principles and educational implication.
· Difference between S-R and Cognitive theories.
Transfer of learning: concept, types, theories and role of teacher in ensuring positive transfer of learning
Unit 3: Intelligence and Creativity
· Intelligence: Concept, meaning and its nature
· Theories: Spearman’s two factor theory, Thurston’s group factor theory, Guilford’s model of intellect, Howard Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligence.
· Concept of mental age and intelligence quotient, Measurement of Intelligence.
· Creativity: concept, nature, difference between creativity and intelligence.
· Techniques and methods of fostering creativity: brain storming, problem solving, Group discussion, play way, Quiz etc.
Unit 4: Personality and Mental Health
· Personality: Meaning Nature and determinants of Personality
· Approaches to personality: trait approach, type approach and trait cum type approach.
· Assessment of Personality: observation, situational test, questionnaire, personality test and projective techniques.
· Mental hygiene and Health: meaning, purpose, characteristic and principles of mental health.
· Defence Mechanism: Concept and Types.