The Information we collect:
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Sites:
· Personal information, which is any information that exclusively identifies you (e.g., your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, payment information amongst others) and
· Non-personal information, which is information that does not exclusively identify you but is related to you nonetheless such as, information about your interests, demographics (e.g., age, gender, pin code) and use of the Sites. We collect this information in the following ways:
Directly Provided Information:
We may ask you to provide your personal information, demographic information or information about your preferences or interests when you:
· Register for an account on the Sites.
· Sign up to receive email newsletters from us.
· Make a purchase on the Sites.
· Enter a contest or sweepstakes.
· Participate in surveys or special promotions.
· Participate on social media accounts involving our authors, books or brands.
· Participate in communities or forums on the Sites.
· Submit user-generated content on any part of the Sites that permit it.
· Knowingly volunteer information on any other part of the Sites (e.g., request for customer service, submit a job application).
Information Collected By Us:
In addition to any information you provide directly to us, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect certain non-personal information when you interact with the Sites or emails sent to you, including the following:
We may collect certain information about your computer or other device that you use to access the Sites, including IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
We may log certain information about your use of the Sites (e.g., log files, clickstream data, a reading history of the pages you view, your search terms and search results) and additional “traffic data” (e.g., time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, referring website addresses).
Some of our applications may deliver content based on your current location if you choose to enable that feature of the app. If you enable the location-based feature, your current location will be stored locally on your device, which will then be used by the app. If you elect to have a location-based search saved to your history, we will store that information on our servers. If you do not enable the location-based service, or if an app does not have that feature, the app will not transmit to us, and we will not collect or store, location information.
Cookies, Flash Cookies and Web Beacons
A “flash cookie” is a data file placed on your device via the Adobe Flash plug-in, which may be built-in or downloaded by you to your computer or another device. Flash cookies may be used for various purposes, such as enabling a Flash feature and remembering your preferences. If you choose to adjust your Flash privacy settings in your device, some features of the Sites may not function properly. For more information about the privacy choices, Adobe offers, visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html
A “web beacon” (also known as an “action tag”, “tracer tag”, or “single-pixel GIF”) is an invisible graphic that is programmed only to collect non-personal information about your use of our Sites or emails sent to you. Web beacons may be used for a number of purposes, including counting visitors to the Sites, monitoring how users navigate the Sites, counting how many emails were opened or how many links were viewed, and providing you with content customized to your interests.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn about you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience with TPPL. We may use your personal and non-personal information in the following ways:
· Provide you with the products and services you request.
· Post your user-generated content to our Sites as you request.
· Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our Sites.
· Communicate with you about changes to our policies.
· Send you newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by email or another medium.
· Personalize content and experiences on our Sites and within emails sent to you, including providing you recommendations based on your preferences.
· Serve you targeted advertising, both on our Sites and elsewhere online, based on information we previously collected from you, including your activity on the Sites or activity on third party sites and applications.
· Administer our loyalty programs.
· Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys.
· Optimize or improve our products, services and operations.
· Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
· Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Sites and recipients of our emails, including browsing and purchasing patterns.
Security of Your Personal Information
TPPL takes reasonable steps to help protect and secure your personal information. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, TPPL cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your personal information to our Sites at your own risk.
There may be instances when you receive a seemingly legitimate looking e-mail asking you’re your personal information from you such as your site login password and id or your credit card details. TPPL will never ask for such information from you via e-mail.
Such activities are usually carried on by unauthorized individuals and are illegal in nature. They are called phishing or identity theft. In case of any suspicion of such activity or on receiving such an e-mail you are certain was not sent by us or any of the sites affiliated to us, we advise you to not respond to such mail and to take whatever action you see fit.
Disputes may be referred to Arbitration at the choice of TPPL only, which shall then be governed as per the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
How to Contact Us
Thank you for using tppl.org.in!